There's a time and place for smudged, undone, "effortless" makeup, and that time and place seems to be Fashion Week in New York City. This makes a capital L-Look like Brandon Maxwell's metallic and dimensional smoky eye particularly captivating—the makeup equivalent of discovering buried treasure after five long days at sea. Tom Pecheux is the captain now. Let's break the whole thing down:
- Brows brushed up all the way. Make those little hairs touch the sky and then keep going.
- A creamy MAC Kohl Pencil in, out, and around the eye for some texture play
- A matte Carbon eyeshadow base smudged out from the lashline, past the browbone, approaching the temple. What we at ITG like to call the "Ghostly Cat-Eye," back to haunt you from your high school eye makeup days.
- MAC Pigment pressed onto the lid—in a range of precious shades that differed from model to model—rich coppers, intense sapphire blues, and a little chartreuse for good measure. When you see the MAC pigment spilled out over the makeup table, you know it's going to be major.
- "Timelessness, power... a nod back to when women were getting dressed to go out, and looked amazing."
- Youthful, full-coverage red nails in Deborah Lippmann Rasberry Jam, on the pinker side of red
- Undone, effortless skin. Because it's New York Fashion Week, after all!
Photographed by Tom Newton.
See the rest of the makeup from this season's shows in The Backstage.