There are two ways to reinvent your "look" for the impending season. The first, most straightforward option is to torch your existing wardrobe and set out rebuilding it, pant leg by pant leg and navy crewneck sweater by slighty different navy crewneck sweater. The second option is to invest in a statement pair of glasses—"outfit-making frames" we at ITG are calling 'em, because that's what they do. Think of it as seeing your look through a new lens, because that's exactly what you're doing. Prescription or not, we've got suggestions:
1) Miu Miu Cat Eye Frames: A dip of the toe into the vast ocean that is statement eyewear. But Miu Miu's frames are a study in nuance—a rather dramatic cat eye balanced out by a thin wire frame. High bun optional, but recommended for effect.
Kate wears a Sandro jacket, an H&M t-shirt, a Maje skirt, and Laura Lombardi earrings.
2) Mykita Anana Round Frames: A dramatically round frame that doesn't require full Iris Apfel-level commitment. And thank the Lord, too, because who else is as glam as this?
Kate wears a 3.1 Phillip Lim jacket and turtleneck with Laura Lombardi earrings.
3) Steven Alan Optical Aviators: A good optical aviator is hard to come by—if that shape is wrong, they can come off as awkward and dated. (Or worse, kind of predatory?) Steven Alan's version hits the mark with a weightless metal frame and a round, fluid shape. They're much more flattering on than you'd think.
Kate wears a Jil Sander coat and Laura Lombardi earrings.
4) Retrosuperfuture Thick-Rimmed Ciccio Frames: This one is a no-brainer—just consider getting your regular frames in a bold shade. Fire engine red, anyone?
Kate wears a Maje coat, a Jil Sander sweater, A.P.C. jeans, and Laura Lombardi earrings.
5) Tom Ford Hybrid Frames: Not square, but not a cat eye, either. Get you a frame that can do both.
Kate wears a Sandro coat, Nomia sweater, and Laura Lombardi earrings.
6) Gucci Crystal-Embellished Frames: An honorable mention too good not to include. Will certainly dress up a t-shirt, if that's what you're looking for.
Kate wears a Maje coat and Laura Lombardi earrings.
Kate King (IMG) photographed by Tom Newton. Styling by Lilli Millhiser. Hair by Clay Nielsen.
Accessories are everything. Peep the season's best earrings over here.