Ok, New York is a mess right now—freezing, snowy, arctic. You can't even stand in the street to hail a cab (in true New Yorker form) because the car will send a spray of gritty wetness all over your ensemble as it screeches to halt. So how about a little escapism? Take a look at best buds Karlie and Jourdan, fresh-faced in Paris, last fall. Notice anything in particular? I do: their healthy, luxurious hair.
I don't know about you, but the moisture escaped from my hair right around December. Since then, I've test-driven an arsenal of products...various goos and sprays of the revitalizing—not outfit-ruining—variety. Here are the winners.
1. Shu Uemura Art of Hair Full Shimmer Illuminating Treatment. Weightier than your average conditioner but not quite thick enough to meet my definition of a "mask", this jar is a mainstay in my shower. The scent alone ("musk rose oil") is worth $65.
2. L'Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. Some shampoos are too stripping. This one has the creamiest lather I've ever laid eyes/hands on. And the conditioner is equally impressive.
3. Klorane Anti-Dandruff Treatment Shampoo. Because hey, it happens. Especially in the winter. This shampoo is much gentler than its chemical-y cousins.
4. Leonor Greyl Lait Luminescence Detangling Milk. I've become a little obsessed with Leonor Greyl ever since Marie-Amélie Sauvé said she swore by it (the place—in Paris, sadly—and the products). Their new detangling/styling milk makes your hair silky-smooth.
5. Serge Normant Meta Revive Dry Shampoo with Cedar Bark. It's cold out—why get your hair wet if you don't absolutely need to? Sexy, French hair is made easy with this fantastic dry shampoo and from superstar-stylist Serge Normant's new line. And if all else fails, do as I do and wear a cozy cashmere beanie.