Now that the gifts for Mom and Dad have been selected and purchased, what to get for the men in our lives, be it a boyfriend, a best friend, a brother, a husband, a co-worker, or someone you don’t really know but unfortunately picked in Secret Santa? Put simply, men are tough to shop for. There just isn’t as much “stuff": less jewelry, fewer beauty products, less accessorizing, less fun. Don’t sweat it—we’ve done the legwork for you. In part two (of three) of our gift guide, here's how to make a man out of...your man:
1. Polo Ralph Lauren Leather Dopp Kit: Help your guy transition from boyhood to manhood with a very adult dopp kit. Ralph’s brown (or black) leather bag exemplifies no-fuss rustic sophistication. Change the way he travels, seriously.
2. Byredo Accord Oud Eau de Parfum: This is the go-to cool-kid scent for both guys and gals (currently occupying the shelves of Emily, Michael, and Nick's apartments), thus making it not just a gift for him, but also a possible “borrowed from the boys” gift to you. With an oud base, leather accord (hence the name), and dash of patchouli, it's a sexy, sultry, slightly musky fragrance for the darker months ahead.
3. Harry’s Engraved Winston Set: Everyone can benefit from a closer shave, whether on your legs or your face. Harry’s is a Gloffice favorite for bestowing the most up-close-and-personal shave we’ve experienced in a while. To ensure you and your dude (or, worse, you and your brother) never mix up razors, we suggest you have his Harry’s engraved with his monogram. Chic.
4. Cire Trudon Ernesto Tobacco and Leather Scented Candle: Even the most beauty-averse man can appreciate a good mandle, and there is no candle manlier than this: it's all rum, tobacco, amber, and wood.
5. Kiehl’s Creme de Corps: This highly absorbable body cream will not only preserve his precious skin, but will also be a much-appreciated step up from the drugstore bottle that’s been on his bedside table since middle school (don't ask about its off-label uses).
8. Aesop Rosehip Seed Lip Cream: Lip conditioning is a winter necessity (and should be a make-out pre-req)—one that dudes tend to ignore out of fear they’ll look like they’re wearing lipstick/gloss. Well, fear not, fellas: this Aesop lip cream moisturizes your lips and soaks in for a completely matte finish.
9. The Kings County Distillery Guide to Urban Moonshining: How to Make and Drink Whiskey: A true gentleman knows good whiskey when he tastes it, and who better to learn from than moonshine makers and ITG pals Colin Spoelman and David Haskell (truth: the beverage can only be called whiskey if aged 7.5 years, otherwise it legally needs to be referred to as moonshine). Teach a man to fish ferment and distill, right? Alternately, gift-wrapping a bottle of Kings County moonshine should do the trick.
10. Cards Against Humanity: A sincerely politically incorrect card game for the guy who likes to let loose and get the good times rolling. If you’re not already acquainted with the delightfully inappropriate deck, Tumblr examples are only a click away.
Check in tomorrow for the final installment of our gift guide!