Indeed there is! Here's the simple way to do it:
- Rub a dime-sized dollop of heat protection spray, cream, or gel (we like Phyto Repairing Thermal Protectant Spray, Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Blowout Crème, or Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.
- Clip your hair up into about eight equally sized sections (if you have a pixie, feel free to skip this step).
- Time to get drying. You want your hairdryer's heat all the way up, but the actual air speed on low. Fun fact: temperature is actually way more important than speed for styling.
- Now—and this is the mind-blowing part—start drying from the back of your head, not the front. Take it section by section from the nape of your neck, drying your hair about 90% of the way and using a round brush, paddle brush, or just your fingers to separate the strands out.
- As you go, keep the dryer angled down and away from your face—you don't want to end up with dry skin or frizzed-out hair follicles.
- Finish the whole thing up with a healthy spritz of hairspray.
Agree? Disagree? JOIN IN