Because shopping and sleeping are the two things I find myself thinking most wishfully about, let’s talk about pajama sets. While you may not have much of an audience for your perfectly matched outfit (or even if you do), there’s something in knowing that you went to bed (and therefore, will wakeup) wearing something glamorous. Added benefit: Most of these can pull double-duty as separates in the waking world.
1. J.Crew Vintage Pajama Set: The Standard. The Classic. What you should be wearing when you wake up on any momentous occasion while "Perfect Day" by Hoku plays in the background. From experience, the J.Crew sets also make for a very easy—but thoughtful!—gifts for distant relations.
2. Equipment Lillian Pajama Set: If you find yourself hesitant to embrace playful prints, consider star-themed sleepwear not only the obvious choice thematically, but a safe way to tiptoe into the deep waters of sartorial whimsy.
3. Topshop Floral Chiffon Pyjama Set: On the slinkier side of things, the light chiffon and plunging back keep the floral pattern from creeping into granny territory. Plus, imagine how much easier bar-hopping will seem if you wear this over a pair of skinny jeans—you won't have to change out of it when you get home!
4. Dear Bowie Emilia Romper: This romper, in addition to covering both your top and bottom halves, skirts the line between ballerina sweater and a very well-draped version of the running short. That's three really good things, all in one very soft, silk-blend piece.
5. Donna Karan Cotton-Batiste Pajama Set: I’d be remiss not to mention an option suited for the no-AC community. When sleeping in hot climes, stick to cotton. Silk may feel cool for a moment, but the fibers retain heat (and sweat) something awful. Romantic, cotton, and lightweight, this is your option for a heat wave.