The discount deities have smiled, winked, and Tindr right-swiped you this year. Spring/summer sales are moving ahead full-throttle, full of both your instant gratification swimsuit and caftans, alongside mountains of unsold winter clothes you’ll happily store till the next polar vortex hits. And you don’t even have to leave your desk, home, home office, or other indoor place to find surprisingly high-end things at low(er) prices. Though be alert—some of these sales are on their last legs, so stop thinking and start the check-out process, lest you miss out on these 40% off Saint Laurent sneakers.
1. Nordstrom's Designer Clearance, going on now, is particularly great for accessories (see aforementioned shoes), but also just about everything else. This T by Alexander Wang bra would look good peeking through your clothes.
2. Net-A-Porter is still in possession of many, many sale items up to 50% off (plus free shipping in the US, because AMURICAH!). Most notably, if you’re in the market for some swimwear, this is the place. Take this Kenzo bikini or Lisa Marie Fernandez scuba number. I MEAN.
2a. Same church, different pew: if you are a man, or want to dress as one, or desire to dress in men's clothes, Mr. Porter has taken up to 50% off a ton of stock, including Balmain biker jackets and the occasional swim trunk. And they still have small sizes.
3. Bloomingdale’s Private Sale (through June 8) is all over the place: 30% off women’s clothing, an extra 40% off stuff already on sale, up to 40% off shoes, 30% off handbags, 15% off jewelry under $100, and a whole other deal going on with menswear that is even more complicated. Needless to say, there are steals to be had.
4. In a world overrun with floaty summer dresses, ASOS is king, especially right this instant. Get $15 off when you spend $100 (promo code: TAKE15); $30 when you spend $150 (TAKE30); and $50 off when you spend $200 (TAKE50), through Sunday.
6. Make your studio apartment look more like a Chelsea gallery with 30% off Totokaelo's super modern home furnishings (which they call art—objects, so there's that). This glass planter will look great holding all those succulents you've been meaning to buy.
7. Get your fill of Comme des Garçons, Rick Owens, and general London coolness at LN-CC's ongoing 30% off summer sale (starts tomorrow in Europe, international readers!).
8. Ditto at Dover Street Market.
9. Stock up on tissue-thin tees, like this oversized Acne Studios v-neck, at the La Garconne sale. Sure, you already have 15, but it's not like they take up any space!
10. Holy M’oda Operandi! If you’re into your clothes looking like art, M’O slashed 70% off everything from psychedelic Joshua Sanders sneakers to '90s-Versace-esque crop tops ($120!!) featuring your favorite summer fruits.
Janice Alida and Irina Kravchenko photographed by Mikael Jansson for Interview Magazine.