I don’t know who told me this summer was going to be a lovely, mild one, but he was a liar. It’s hot outside and it’s only going to get warmer. Much warmer. Which means trips to the beach, high ConEd bills, getting on first-name basis with your local Good Humor Man, and, naturally, less clothing. Body parts and undergarments will be on display, and it’s important to exhibit said lingerie with tactful intention—still keeping a bit left to the imagination. On to the bras:
1. Deborah Marquit Lace Demi Bra: Whether it’s under a sheer shirt or peeking out from behind your loose-fitting button down, a bright color can only do good things. If the high price tag on this Italian lace bra has you second guessing your purchase, this Splendid bralette can serve as a good starting point.
2. Gap Daisy Lace Triangle Bra: Everyone should have a reliable white triangle bra in her lingerie drawer. While it may not be the most effective style in terms of support, a delicate and innocently hued piece like this one will keep your bra-baring look safely out of the “slutty” subgenre of dressing.
3. Unforseen Circumstances Removable Strap Bra: Straps shouldn’t be limited to the two or nil options. The more the merrier—or, at least, more supportive, more interesting under and tank top, and more complicated for future suitors.
4. Fleur of England Brighton Boudoir Bra: If you have a tank top with low-slung armholes, or a dress with an open back and free-boobing is no option, go for a bra that has an interesting band. Let these black and white silk stripes do the accessorizing.
5. Calvin Klein Modern Cotton Underwire T-Shirt Bra: But maybe the barely-there bra isn’t an option for you, scandalously cut tops aside. In that case, channel Kate Moss and Christy Turlington and go for a ‘90s-inspired, supportive, and functional option.