The art of smelling good can get complicated, between soaps, lotions, oils, deodorants, perfumes... There are so many ways to achieve the specific aroma you wish to waft on any given day. But what about for low-maintenance types? Those who can't be bothered to do much more than get dressed, let alone anoint themselves with frivolous smell-goody things? Consider scented wardrobe accessories (maybe the most obscure home-goods category, after garbage fresheners). At the very least these suckers will make that whole "putting on clothes" thing a more pleasant experience, keep moths from moth-ing, and maybe even linger on your outfit long enough to trick others into thinking you're not too lazy for actual perfume.
Never thought you'd use drawer liners? Take a glance inside the barren, unscented landscape that is the inside of your dresser and think again. Some suggestions:
1. Hermès Vetiver Scented Drawer Liner: For the fancy pants out there (who probably cringe at being called "fancy pants")
2. Crabtree & Evelyn Nantucket Briar Scented Liners: Available in a slew of classic floral patterns and corresponding scents—like scratch-n-sniff, without that first step
3. The Laundress Scented Drawer Sheets: The motif and fragrance is listed as "Baby," which confusingly translates to a mix of vanilla, musk, sandalwood and lavender
4. Essential Cedar with Lavender Fragrance Drawer & Shelf Liners: Also available in moth-repelling Cedar Blocks, Cedar Balls, and a Cedar Hang-Up, aka "hanger"
Perhaps drawer liners are still a bit too much effort, in which case a scented sachet is in order (stay with us)...
5. Santa Maria Novella Pot Pourri Silk Sachet: A storied blend of herbs and flowers all the way from the Florentine hills to your thong drawer
6. The Laundress Lavender Pouch: Naturally moth-repelling lavender to accompany your sweater collection
7. The Good Home Company Line Dried Scented Clothespins: They're like clothespin-shaped potpourri (OK, they're clothespins. But you can absolutely use them like you would a sachet—just throw them in a drawer.)
Does most of your wardrobe consist of hanger-type clothes? You might try...
8. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Scent Surround Room Spray: Because you're ready to step it up from that utilitarian jug of Febreeze
9. Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia Scented Hanger: Jo's hanger deserves its very own mention because why can't everything smell this feminine and luxurious?
10. Santa Maria Novella Rose Wax Tablets: Delicate cakes of pink wax sprinkled with dried Tuscan rose buds to hang amongst your girliest dresses
11. Diptyque Palet Parfumé Scented Oval in 34 Boulevard Saint Germain or Baies: A fail-safe scented wax inspired by the brand's first boutique, framed in a ceramic ornament to hang on the back of your closet door. Or bathroom door.
What did we miss? Surely scented laundry bags exist, right?
Photos by Mathea Millman.