So it's officially mid-December and there are still a bunch of people on your list left tragically ungifted. We've been there. We are there... Before you give up and just get everyone Hallmark cards stuffed with $1 bills (Christmas dinner's at the strip club buffet this year, guys), let us introduce you to some delightful sales that will allow you to order the shit you need online and get it to your giftees before Santa, Rudolph, and Krampus the Austrian Christmas Devil show up. You can be on time, under budget, and lazy all at the same time. Isn't modern life grand? Shop 'til the UPS man drops, right this way:
2. Sephora has a whole Advent Calendar of new free stuff every day. It's charmingly atavistic and religious and kinda weird and...why not? You know you're going over there anyway.
3. Moda Operandi is offering up to 50% off select designer items, which sounds like searching for diamonds (or Marchesa rhinestone accents) in the rough. So instead of clothes, we suggest you check out the one-size-fits-all accessories. That way you don't buy something exceptionally ruffly just because it's Rodarte and in your size.
4. Net-A-Porter is running a similar, yet different(-ish) sale: up to 50% off some stuff, but we know Étoile Isabel Marant, Balmain, and Saint Laurent are all up for grabs, so we'll call this one a win.
5. Let's be serious: you wanna do a little personal shopping, too. It's ok. No judgment for hitting up Club Monaco's extra 30% discount (code HAPPY30) on sale section stuff. As Diane von Furstenberg once said—"The most important relationship in your life is the relationship you have with yourself." And right now, yourself needs a jacquard miniskirt.
6. Buy your mom a nice wall sconce: West Elm has a bunch of December deals, including 20% off lighting.
7. Happy holidays to your skin, because there's 20% off and free shipping at Shu Uemura. Cleansing oil for everyone!
Photo by Elizabeth Brockway.