It’s so fun to shop for ladies because, well, it’s kind of like shopping for yourself? And it can occasionally lead to a few treat-yourself purchases. It's been a long 365 days, so whether you’re rewarding a girlfriend, a girl-friend, a BFFAE, a co-worker you’re particularly fond of, or the greatest person you know (you, duh), it just feels right to indulge:
1. Anya Hindmarch Vanity Kit: We’ve finally found a case to rival Lisa Marie Fernandez’s Valextra organizer that we’ve been coveting since her Top Shelf. Available in leather and nylon (and, more importantly, monogrammable), this will ensure your...we mean her...makeup is always ready to travel.
3. Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000: Allegedly the only man Gisele will let dye her hair now has his very own line of styling tools. While the energy efficiency and ion functionality are enough to get us to overnight this hair dryer to ourselves, it's been endorsed by Gisele—GISELE!—plus Erin Wasson, Emily DiDonato, and so many other hair-wonders of the world. Buy two.
4. Tom Ford Beauty 4-Piece Lip Color Gift Set in Holiday Reds: It’s not easy to gift lipstick—will a blue undertone be friend or foe to another’s skin tone?! In the words of Ivana Trump, don’t get mad, get everything. Meaning all of the lipsticks. And this set is as luxe as you can get.
5. Isabelle Bellis Facial: Isabelle is a queen among facialists (have you seen her wash her face?!). Prices can run north of $400 for treatments, so this is a gift best reserved for your innermost circle.
6. Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin's Pretty Much Everything: We’ve made it clear that we think anything by the hands of Inez & Vinoodh is to die for, so when this book (complete with a fold-out page of stickers!) made its way onto the interwebs, we were sure to add to cart. And you should, too. For you, your friends, your mom, the stranger on the street corner...
7. Earth Tu Face Skin Stick: ‘Tis the season to have chapped skin—face, lips, hands, elbows, knees. Earth Tu Face has a toxin-free, purse-friendly, herbal healing salve for all of your parched-skin problems.
8. Eau D’Italie Bath Salts: Trust Emily (and Liv Tyler, and Phoebe Tonkin) on this one and give the gift of bath time! But rather than concocting her a DIY soak, consider Eau D’Italie’s pre-blended calming salts, scented with incense, bergamot, tuberose, and amber. Note: these are the good kind of bath salts, not the face-eating kind.
9. Catbird Giant Dwarf Silver Sparkler Star Bobby Pins: These star pins are higher on the cutesy scale than we generally tread, but dammit, it's party and celebration season! Everything is better with glitter, so what girl couldn’t stand to add a little flair to her down 'do, updo, side part, or whatever look right now?
10. Instagram’d Mug: Or, gift from the heart (via social media). Re-share your favorite memories with a personalized mug. It’ll warm her from the inside out, heart and all. Awwww. Or if you're feeling a bit less crafty but just as artsy, a Ryan McGinley Mug for RxArt complete with a "naughty lemur" will be just as "aww"-worthy. And it's Ryan McGinley.
11. (Bonus!) Aloha Nutritional Supplements: With New Year’s resolutions on the horizon, it's a safe bet to buy things that will assure a healthier and more proactive 2014. Aloha's neat supplement packs cut the time (and cost) of running to the nearest juice dispensary, or GNC, by combining the nutrients we should all consume each day (but rarely ever do...oops!) into a pill cocktail or just-add-water green powder mix. Because, croissant + pizza + ramen + wine = scurvy.
And now we turn to you—what’s on your list this year?