Happy Black Friday, everyone! Hopefully no one has injured her/himself in search of this year’s Tickle Me Elmo. I'm currently enjoying a turkey hangover, a Friday off work, a plate of leftovers, and a bit of online shopping. In honor of this unofficial national holiday, let's take a stroll down a road frequently traveled in my wardrobe, and I suspect yours, too. You can never have enough black in your closet, so let’s add a little more, OK?
1. DKNY Oversized Stretch-Silk Crepe de Chine Shirt Dress: If you celebrated my second-favorite holiday (after July 4th) last night, your stomach is likely still...full—hot. This oversize black shirtdress is not only slimming in cut and color, but also super effing comfortable.
2. Lonely Sabel Cutout Bra: A few weeks ago, Lonely made its way into my lingerie drawer and now it’s time to add another piece. This semi-naughty lace-and-velvet bra may be a total nightmare for any person trying to remove it in the dark, but it makes for great peek-a-boo moments.
3. Hanky Panky Low Rise Thong: There is simply no better underwear out there. I’ve been wearing Hanky Panky since thongs became age-appropriate, so I can tell you from experience that they are comfortable, machine washable, and both delicate and flirty without costing you a ton. And if I learned anything from 10 Things I Hate About You, it’s that all girls need a pair of black panties.
4. Givenchy Shark Tooth Ankle Boot: Mark my words: a low-heeled ankle bootie will become your wardrobe standby if you welcome a pair into your life. While adding some height (and a little lift to your bum), this boot’s 1¾-inch heel won’t crush your toes after a day's walk. Have no fear of the dreaded cankle, either—the Shark Tooth has a tapered ankle line! Sharp.
5. Estée Lauder ‘Pure Color Stay On’ Shadow Paint in Sinister: For those moments when you need to go from normal to smoldering in seconds (hello, high school crush), this creamy shadow is your ticket to an instant smoky eye. And it’s easier than a pencil + shadow combo; actually, it's fool-proof.