It’s Bob Dylan! It’s the Elf Queen! It’s the girl with the pearl earring plug! Yes, it’s Cate Blanchett. The shape-shifting actress and her we-can’t-believe-it’s-not-butter (or SKII) skin grace the cover of the Summer issue of 032c shot by Sean and Seng. While we are well aware that the mother of three and new face of Armani fragrance can play just about anything (man, woman, child, animal...) on screen and stage, the German magazine’s story—photographed at Sammlung Boros and featuring Blanchett draped over contemporary-art installations—reveals a few things about her we certainly hope are true.
Here's what we know for sure:
- She wore men's clothing in high school: “I love a well-cut men’s suit.”
- She prefers to play the anti-hero: “Perhaps the satisfied heroic conformists are slightly less dramatically interesting figures?”
- She’s kind of a badass: “Theory is to be fucked with. It has to be fucked with, disregarded, challenged, argued with, tossed out, and rebelled against.”
- She looks incredible in a dark lip and a crown of crudely chopped hair.
Things we're deducing from the photo spread:
- She's an accomplished archer.
- She watches movies from a bed of popcorn (which also doubles as bike storage).
- She's into bondage.
- Her ear plugs are giant pearls (meaning her eye mask is solid gold?).
Oh, and the rest of the 032c issue, including stories with Karlie Kloss, Arizona Muse, Charlotte Gainsbourg, and Nicolas Ghesquière, isn't too shabby, either: