With the exception of the tiny white-gold Stone Paris gothic cross dangler I sometimes sport in my left earlobe, yellow and rose gold have ruled my roost for the past year. Jeanine Lobell gave me a custom-made yellow-gold safety-pin earring for Christmas that Nick says looks “too intense” for corporate meetings, but I say, c’mon! Au contraire! Everything in moderation, punk accoutrements included. You need a little texture. And when the temperature heats up, you need a little Talitha (Getty). That picture—you know the one—says a thousand words, some of which might be: “buffed bronze,” “bells, whistles, and pompoms,” “white leather,” “money,” and “I’m high."
1. Genevieve Jones Rose Gold Safety Pin Earrings: If I had a nickel for every time someone complimented me on my safety-pin earring, I’d have enough money to buy another pair of safety-pin earrings in a different color. There was, quite literally, a commotion in the Gloffice upon seeing that Shopbop started stocking five versions of Jones’ trademark version this week. Act fast.
2. Antik Batik Banjo Embellished Clutch: So popular last summer that it’s back for SS'13, this versatile envelope has all the bells, whistles, and colors that Talitha loved. I consider it the boho alternative to those pillow-y Vera Bradley bags all the girls had in Connecticut.
3. Oscar de la Renta Embellished Suede and Leather Slippers: Hear me out. These have a vaguely “mom” quality—the rich look and worldly feel of an Upper-East-Side bouffant-ed grande dame—that makes me think: Mary-Kate and/or Ashley Olsen would Snap. These. Up. Like amazing “outfit-making” pieces often do, they stopped me in my tracks, made me question my sanity, and then triggered a surge of seratonin in my brain, resulting in the click-click of a 'Buy' button. I cannot wait to beat them up and wear them with…
4. Frame Denim Le Garcon Distressed Slim Boyfriend Jeans: The perfect boyfriend jean because, let’s face it, how often are your boyfriend’s jeans actually cool enough for you to wear? Industrie magazine founders Jens Grede and Erik Torstensson are behind the line, and those Swedes know a thing or two about design, which leads me to wonder…is Swedish denim the new LA denim? Elin Kling seems to think so.
5. Hourglass Extreme Sheen Lip Gloss in Ignite: I am a firm believer that if you want to get your pretty on, reach for lip gloss. It may not be trendy, it might not be what’s currently considered “chic,” but the right gloss—not too sticky, shiny, or shimmery—is an instant beautifier. Hourglass’ Ignite has been bouncing around the bottom of my bag for four months for good reason: it’s a subtly gold-flecked, sheer rose shade with a lightweight, balmy feel. The foolproof, spill-proof felt-tipped wand applicator is icing on the cake ('Goop' is only a plus in relation to Gwyneth).