Say what you will about Kim Kardashian’s Met Gala ensemble from Monday—Mrs. Doubtfire, is that you?—but mark my words, floral anything will be having its moment in the sun in coming months. Not that it hasn’t already been on the tip of everyone’s tongue:
1. Christopher Kane Floral-Print Hooded Sweatshirt: “You have to get this sweatshirt,” Elizabeth said on Wednesday, and get it I did. Express daily delivered by Net-A-Porter, right to my doorstep, within 24 hours. It is now (for now) the single most exciting piece of clothing hanging in my closet.
2. Melissa Odabash Barrie Macramé Cotton Dress: Call me crazy, but this is not just for the beach. If Jane Birkin taught me anything this week, it's that crochet is freaking cool, and you should wear it with a flower crown. And matching—in this case, black—underwear.
3. Lisa Marie Fernandez Jasmine Terry Bikini: I mean, how pretty is this color? And in terrycloth? On a side note: Nick saw Lisa Marie slip into Serge Normant for a blowout on Wednesday and text-blasted me: “Lisa Marie Fernandez is fucking FASHION,” “So glamorous,” “Like insane,” and, “Amazing dress. White lace Alaïa? Can you wear Alaïa? Please?” … Sure, give me your credit card.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim Scout Small Cross Body Bag: OK, so you don’t want to spend $600 on a cotton sweatshirt. I don’t blame you—it’s kind of crazy—but sometimes you just HAVE TO HAVE something. A drawstring floral bag is much more justifiable; you can wear it all summer with your solids for a bit of tropical flair.
5. Diane von Furstenberg Andi Laser-Cut Leather Shorts: What is it about black leather that feels so right lately?! Tell me I’m not alone. I can’t get enough. I want to wear these low on the hips, with a slouchy white t-shirt, sleeves cuffed James Dean-style, minus the pack of Winstons. Oh, and maybe a matte red lip.